1. Be kind to each other. 2. No profanity. 3. Have the heart to help strengthen the body rather than tearing it down. 4. Speak freely but with respect of others.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Back to Eden
11-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Video Back to Eden
This is an awesome documentary about sustainable gardening. I've already started preparing a covering for my garden this fall for spring planting. The whole film can be viewed at the website
http://www.backtoedenfilm.com

Quote:After years of back-breaking toil in ground ravaged by the effects of man-made growing systems, Paul Gautschi has discovered a taste of what God intended for mankind in the garden of Eden. Some of the vital issues facing agriculture today include soil preparation, fertilization, irrigation, weed control, pest control, crop rotation, and PH issues. None of these issues exist in the unaltered state of nature or in Paul’s gardens and orchards.

“Back to Eden” invites you to take a walk with Paul as he teaches you sustainable organic growing methods that are capable of being implemented in diverse climates around the world.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-2011, 11:37 AM
RE: Back to Eden
liked the documentary

Psalm 143:10

Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
03-11-2012, 10:03 PM
We got copies of this for our congregation, had a "Back to Eden" supper and dvd watch at my house and most are doing this now.

I just spent a good chunk of today putting in such a garden around my orchard today.

I believe this info is coming out now because we NEED it.

If you have not yet - I highly recommend you watch it free on the net or buy the DVD for fifteen bucks I think

Saved by Grace through Faith and running from Lawlessness

My Website

Viking Preparedness YouTube channel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2012, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-19-2012 09:20 AM by ISRAELITE.)
Thank you for the link! We will be adding cover to our small garden here. I already have a small composter. Would love to do this on a large scale if we get out of the city.

Brother Scott
Southern California
06-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Our back to eden garden plot is doing fine. The brocolli and cabbage are getting bigger, healthy looking, and salsify is up. I had to check online for what to do with salsify, I planted it without even knowing what it was. Tomatoes looking healthy too, and plants don't need much water.
09-10-2012, 08:16 PM

Brother Scott
Southern California
09-11-2012, 06:26 PM
i have so far done the back to eden method on my fruit trees. my yard was mal-nurished sand. I rarely saw a bee, never saw ANY worms. I have seen at least 4 bees and a big, juicy earthworm crawled in my kitchen. i was soooo excited that i let him crawl on a piece of paper and put him back in the yard. i remember days that it would rain and i would always see earthworms on other people drive way but never on mine. It wasn't even raining the day i saw that earthworm. he must have got in under my shoe.
10-19-2012, 07:15 PM
To anybody that has used it, what would you think of using sawdust from a mill? I can get it old and I have access to an unlimited quantity. I'm not sure I can get chips.
10-19-2012, 08:44 PM
(10-19-2012 07:15 PM)Bro_Jerry Wrote:  To anybody that has used it, what would you think of using sawdust from a mill? I can get it old and I have access to an unlimited quantity. I'm not sure I can get chips.

I reckon any mulch is better than none but you won't get the nutrients of chpped up trees and such.

Fayetteville has mulch at the "dump"
They have it in Leavenworth too.

Saved by Grace through Faith and running from Lawlessness

My Website

Viking Preparedness YouTube channel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2012, 09:45 PM
Hmmm... true, true. I will try the electic coop. This project is pretty high on my list. Thanks PJ

(10-19-2012 08:44 PM)Pastor Joe Fox Wrote:  
(10-19-2012 07:15 PM)Bro_Jerry Wrote:  To anybody that has used it, what would you think of using sawdust from a mill? I can get it old and I have access to an unlimited quantity. I'm not sure I can get chips.

I reckon any mulch is better than none but you won't get the nutrients of chpped up trees and such.

Fayetteville has mulch at the "dump"
They have it in Leavenworth too.