1. Be kind to each other. 2. No profanity. 3. Have the heart to help strengthen the body rather than tearing it down. 4. Speak freely but with respect of others.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
How are we to address conflict with one another?
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
How are we to address conflict with one another?
I hope this builds and strengthen's the Body,
Full Article: http://www.giftedfaithful.org/?p=867

When problems arise, or are about to arise between two who profess Christ,

The Word is clear on how we are to act in accordance to all things, and His Word covers in great detail our interactions with one another. No where are they clearer than when one feels he has spotted fault in another, or has anger, or complaint with another. So lets make sure we don’t allow someone else fault, real or perceived, to stumble us on our walk…
See the following scriptures, which all speak for themselves, and if we have a heart to serve and obey…will need no instruction, only adherence,

Matthew 18:15-17
Ephesians 4:31-32
James 4:1-6
Colossians 3:13
Matthew 5:24
Matthew 7:5
Luke 17:3
Matthew 18:17
Proverbs 27:6

Be strengthened, encouraged, and know that The King is in Charge, and is the Victor!

Shalom,

Mike

Mike Holland
Warrenton, NC
http://www.giftedfaithful.org
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2012, 03:15 AM
RE: How are we to address conflict with one another?
Yet again another great post brother Mike Holland, very edifying, thank you!

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. IS 54:17
07-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Very good video, so true and it would be nice if the Saints can do that. The problem I usually run into is that one or the other are not willingly to take the right steps. Oh well.

Very good and sound word Brother Mike.

Shalom
Pastor Dowell

Pastor Dowell
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Sometimes it may seem "easier" to not say anything to the person you have a problem with because you are trying to avoid conflict or don't want the "hassle". But in the long run, you may not be experiencing the peace that you should because you are letting things fester, and by the other person not "knowing" about the problem he/she will not be able to benefit from the feedback or help that would be in their best interest.

Thank you brother for the great reminder.

Blessings,

-Sister Lisa

Revelation 13:16-17
The mark of the beast teaches us that the Most High demands uncompromising obedience and unswerving dedication.
07-12-2012, 03:30 PM
What we encountered was all but one family banding together, and no one tried to talk to us on a one on one basis. They discussed with themselves, leaving us out, and then wanted to talk as a mob to us.

The trouble is people is don't know the Word, or don't want to live by it. I actually look forward to the day when I am dealing with real believers, and can put Yah's word to action in this way, what a relief to all the drama of the world.
07-12-2012, 04:20 PM
The world operates on "group think" and "group morals". they pack up so they can justify in numbers instead of Truth. I have found that those who tend to spew drama, will only do it with someone they know to operate in the Truth once. Once they see they will embarrassed, defeated, and humiliated by trying to be petty they move on to people who reward instead of punish that sort of behavior. Then there is the refreshing breath of correcting someone's behavior and they "man up", "fess up", and "step up" to doing it by the Truth.
We all error, slip, and stumble in our walk it takes a Real Effort to see a fault of our own, and address it according to the Word. Praise be to Him Who Is!

Mike Holland
Warrenton, NC
http://www.giftedfaithful.org
07-12-2012, 04:56 PM
This really hit home with me because I have been experiencing these issues and didn't know what to do but as you said once you have tried everything that is possible you have to cut ties and that's what I feel I have to do. Very good video

ECCLESIASTES 12:13 LET US HEAR THE CONCLUSION OF THE WHOLE MATTER: FEAR GOD, AND KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: FOR THIS IS THE WHOLE DUTY OF MAN.
07-14-2012, 02:00 PM
(07-12-2012 03:30 PM)Sister Kate Wrote:  What we encountered was all but one family banding together, and no one tried to talk to us on a one on one basis. They discussed with themselves, leaving us out, and then wanted to talk as a mob to us.

The trouble is people is don't know the Word, or don't want to live by it. I actually look forward to the day when I am dealing with real believers, and can put Yah's word to action in this way, what a relief to all the drama of the world.

Blessings Sister Kate,

Your comments reminded me of something that took me a long time to "get" - I was often so frustrated when trying to figure things out and I am so thankful that Yah revealed to me what I was trying to grasp. In your reply, I believe you actually hit the nail on the head. I agree with you completely. With both believers and non believers, they are either ignorant of the word or they don't want to live by it. I used to figuratively "bang my head against the wall" wondering why people wouldn't resolve conflict (or for that matter, handle everything else in life) Yah's way.

When I finally figured it out which is how you stated it - that people don't know the Word or they don't want to live by it - I explained it to my son in the following way: I'ts likened to two or more people who are trying to play the same game. The first player (who say for example, is an Israelite/believer) knows and wants to play the game completely by the original written rules without any alterations made to those rules whatsoever (Yah's rules). The second/and rest of the players (the world) may want to play the game by some of the original rules with many or most of their own rules added in "when they feel like it" or "when it's convenient for them", etc. Ultimately, the game will be impossible to play unless one of the parties changes or compromises their "rules" (position, standards or beliefs).

So, ultimately, true believers/Israelites cannot play "the game/life" by the "worlds" standards. I believe that it is one of the reasons why Pastor always says, "Come out of her". There can not truly be fellowship with the world while still seeking and following Yah's ways. It simply will NEVER work. I have thought, like you said, many a time that I wished that l only had to deal with like-minded true believers. It would be just SO much easier and so much more peaceful. There would be a significant decrease in our frustrations or "banging our heads against the wall". And even though we would still have our fleshly nature and sin to deal with, at least we would desire to work things out Yah's way and come to a peaceful state more quickly.

Like I said, it took me a while to finally "get" why I didn't "fit" with others, why I was having and still was continuing to have conflict with others. It says in the Wisdom of Solomon chapter 2 verse 15 that our lives are not like other men's and our ways are of another fashion. Simply stated again, we just don't think and operate like the rest of the world. We will never "fit". We have a completely different set of rules that we live by. And actually, they don't really have any set rules that they live by at all , they are living in a state of lawlessness. They, (non-believers) are also deceived and blinded by their own wickedness which it states in verse 21. They will never "get it" until Yah opens up their understanding.

As believers, we either need to educate ourselves and become knowledgeable on how to handle certain situations if we are just learning about an area or repent of not handling them Yah's way if we do already possess knowledge and understanding in a certain area. If we are dealing with non-believers, I think we must present them with the truth and if they accept it and take steps toward practicing it, wonderful, but if they reject it, we must separate ourselves from them, because we will probably either be frustrated and lose our peace over it and/or we don't want to be in the position of compromising ourselves and falling away from Yah's holy and perfect standards.

Just wanted to add this as, like I said, it was something that I struggled to grasp for the longest time.

Blessings,

-Sister Lisa

Revelation 13:16-17
The mark of the beast teaches us that the Most High demands uncompromising obedience and unswerving dedication.
09-29-2012, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2012 02:54 PM by Sister Bonnie Israelite.)
We are working hard to enter in the narrow gate straitway as YHWH leads us in Christ and the Spirit of Holy shows us our heart and action. We cannot know another's heart so if we are keeping Torah, the commandments and have the testimony of Jesus I seek out fruit inspecting, laying my concerns on YHWH and resting in His Holy Spirit to lead and guide my brethren and self.

I so wish not to grieve the Holy Spirit. I am usually found the one with guilt and cause seeking out my own ways and not YHWHs.

I wish and pray I will esteem, encourage and help my brethren and If they come to me with question regarding themselves, I share what I have learned and use the word for why I choose a path, way or belief. Then with all grace remind them we are not perfect, no not one. I would not ever deliberately stumble my brethren. I often meditate on these words in most situations that arise.

"Cast your burden on the LORD, And He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved". Ps 55:22

"For a man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7b.

"And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest" Heb 8:10

"Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of [his] brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge". James 4 :11 (Regarding Torah)

"Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door".James 5:9

"Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumbling block or an occasion to fall in [his] brother's way. Romans 14:13

"Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned. But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 1 Ch 2:13

Blessing always,

Sister Bonnie

I am so very grateful to YHWH!

Sister Bonnie
Southern CA
01-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Amen this video helped a lot Praise Yah. I have learned , and it has taken me time to understand. If you see something and know something is not right between you and another person speak about it and come to a better understanding of the situation and if it can't be resolved take it to an elder or have two or more witnesses to establish the situation. I'm slowly but surely learning how to Stick to the bible and not my own ways or ways of this word.

shalom
Sister Kyresha