1. Be kind to each other. 2. No profanity. 3. Have the heart to help strengthen the body rather than tearing it down. 4. Speak freely but with respect of others.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question on the sabbath
11-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Question on the sabbath
Shalom to all!

I have been pondering a question about the sabbath for a while and I am convinced you saints will be able to shed some light on this for me. I believe Pastor Dowell didin't cover this one yet as I can't find the answer anywhere in the archives. Forgive me if this question has already been answered, Pastor.

My question, or rather my reasoning is the following.
The Sabbath is a Holy day set apart by God and we are to observe the seventh day of the week as a day of rest.

Earlier this year before Easter, I was studying the statutes for keeping passover.
Lev 23:5 In the fourteenth [day] of the first month at even [is] the LORD'S passover.

Leviticus stipulates that the first month of the year is the month of the passover. Contrary to my customs, I realized that the new year actually begins in April and is called the month of Nisan.
Est 3:7 In the first month, that is, the month Nisan...

Genesis teaches us that in the beginning Yhwh has established his calendar commonly called "The Sacred Calendar".
Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

After further study, I came to the amazing realization that which I was never taught in any school I attended to my entire life. The Moon was appointed by God as celestial body for months! The beginning of the month is when the moon crescent reapears.
1Sa 20:24 So David hid himself in the field: and when the new moon was come, the king sat him down to eat meat.

Moon
H2320
kho'-desh
From H2318; the new moon; by implication a month: - month (-ly), new moon.

All my life I never heard a peep about this, not even during my so called education! All I remember was being teached how the sun's light and the earth cause the moon to light up in different places. What good is that information to me if I don't know what the fundamental purpose of the Moon is?

I'm thinking if that information is being hidden from us, then it's probably a big deal. If we compare the gregorian calendar to the moon cycles we immediately see that they are not in sync with one another. The new moon always begins sometime during the month. You can look it up at http://www.farmersalmanac.com/calendar/m...s/2012/11/

Israelites agree that the day starts at even, not at midnight.
Israelites agree that the new year begins in April, not in the dead of winter.
Israelites agree that passover was to be held on Saturday April 7th of 2012, NOT Sunday, April 8th of 2012.
With that being said. My question is the following.

If we observe the Sabbath on Gregorian Saturday and the moon phase is not in accordance with the calendar for that particular month, are we actually observing the Sabbath as ordained by God? My reasoning is if the most high appointed the moon for month and the moon's 7th day falls on a tuesday for example, should we not be observing the Holy day on Tuesday instead?

I have been looking all over the new testament for indications that the sacred calendar is no longer in effect but I could not find it anywhere. I am looking forward to what you guys have to say about this as I have great faith in Straitway. This is the only ministry that I trust a response from. Bless you all!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2012, 08:52 AM
answering the question
Shalom,
The new moon is the all black moon.
The new moon determines the beginning of the Hebrew months.

The day starts when it gets black outside.
The sun tells us when the day starts and end.

Sabbath Begins Friday at sunset.
The sabbath is the 7th day of the week regardless which day of the month it is on.

For example even on the pagan calender Saturday is always a different date each month. Some months Saturday is the 1st day of that month other months Saturday is the 4th day of that month, etc. That doesn't change the fact that it occurs every seven days, regardless of the date.

Also The first month "Abib" can start in March or April
Deu 16:1

The first day of spring each year is March 20. So passover can be on or after March 20 because it is a spring feast. Count 14 days from the first new moon that occurs on or after March 6 to determine passover.

The Lunar Sabbath is a false doctrine. The new moon is not a sabbath, nor do we change the sabbath day each month because of the new moon.

I hope this helps.

Bro Devlon from Georgia Big Grin
http://21stcenturysaints.com/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-24-2012, 09:36 AM
RE: Question on the sabbath
Amen
What my Brother Devlon said.
Shalom,
PJF

Saved by Grace through Faith and running from Lawlessness

My Website

Viking Preparedness YouTube channel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-27-2012, 01:56 PM
RE: Question on the sabbath
I was lead to believe that maybe the week days had been changed because of all the calendar reforms back in history. Also I could not find any names for any days of the week in the bible so that threw me off as well.

If I understand correctly, the seven day week has been established universally from the beginning and was never calculated by Israelites or Apostles according to the moon phases. That's good enough for me. Thanks alot for the help! : )
Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sabbath Question jdmeggs1 10 5,403 03-31-2012 06:24 AM
Last Post: JustPlainJames